The contest is still on. Submit your entries to win attractive prizes!
Purpose : To create an awareness among campus citizens on the importance of the library and its collection when completing an assignment or conducting a research. This will include the services as listed in http://umlib.um.edu.my/scontents.asp?tid=23&cid=13&p=1&vs=en#sthash.A5OIKeT8.dpbs as well as the library staff and building resources.
Eligibility : All current University of Malaya students, faculty and staff are eligible to enter except permanent library staff.
How to Enter :
1. Simply use your handphone, camera or any other video recording device.
2. Tell us how you use the library in 4 minutes or less (less than 200 MB).
3. Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo first and then send us the link at email@example.com or you can just send us the clip to the email add.
4. Subject heading of the email should be “SocialMedia Contest”.
5. Include your full name, category, department and mobile number.
- You can work in teams, but each entry must be submitted under one name only. Make sure to get permission from all individuals appearing in the video.
- Videos will be disqualified if they use copyrighted material.
- Videos will be disqualified if they include violence, offensive language, etc.
- By entering your video/writeup in the contest, you grant the Library permission to use your name and video in Library promotions.
Don’t feel like creating a video?
Send us an email on how you use the Library (700 – 1,000 words) instead. You may include photos in your writeup. Selected writeups will be featured in the Library Blog @ umlib.wordpress.com
In the video or writeup, you must mention at least 2 of the following things about the library. Feel free to mention more or mention things not on the list:
- Over 800k books, over 20k+ ebooks
- Loan Services
- Opening Hours
- Reference Desk Librarians
- Self charging machines
- Computer Labs
- Interlibrary Loans, document delivery etc
- Online Databases
- Institutional Repositories
- Academic Reserves
Entries will be judged by the library management team. Evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Technical Merit
- Overall Impact
There will be four categories as follows :
- Students – Undergrads
- Students – Postgrads
- Staff – Academicians
- Staff – Non-Academicians
A top prize of RM1,000 for each category listed above and five consolation prizes of RM100 plus stationeries & pendrives for each category as well.
The deadline for the submission of entries is on March 28, 2014 (Friday). Selected entries will be posted on various UMLIB social media platforms. For further enquiries please contact Puan Zanaria @ 03-7967 3297 or En Faizal @ 03-7967 7745.