Looking for general and specialized reference collection which can provide reliable definitions, factual and background information for your research project? Well look no further as the library has just subscribed to 12 Oxford References Collection this year : OXFORD REFERENCES … Continue reading
Perpustakaan Pergigian telah menjalankan projek perintis yang dinamakan sebagai ‘Perkhidmatan Pencarian Literasi (Literature Search Service) bagi maksud menawarkan perkhidmatan pencarian literasi. Perkhidmatan ini disediakan khusus untuk membantu ahli akademik di Fakulti Pergigian yang menjalankan penyelidikan atau penulisan artikel. Seperti yang … Continue reading
What is EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS)?
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) is an online research tool that “pulls together” almost all of our Library resources so that they can be explored using a single search box. In other words, rather than searching the Library Catalog for books and a database such as Academic Search Complete for journal articles, you can do an EDS search and get results which include books, e-books, journal articles, and government documents in one list. In fact, you could think of EDS as the Library’s version of Google.
Dear Academics and Researchers
ISI UPDATES – Important Information from the Library
- JCR 2014 is Released
Please take note, after this initial annual JCR release, it will be updated weekly with notes about pending additions or adjustments to the JCR data. Citation metrics published in this new release can be considered official JCR data.
All these changes will be uploaded in the JCR application when the dataset is reloaded later in the year. The data is unlikely to change, but should be considered provisional until the data is reloaded later in the year.
The Web of Science (WOS) is a citation database which has 8,718 journal titles indexed in it. To date, only 12 journals from Malaysia have made their way into WOS and this equates to 0.14% of total journal titles indexed.
The following is a list of the Malaysian journals which includes their ISSN and publisher. Two of the journals, namely the Malaysian Journal of Computer Science and the Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science are from our very own University of Malaya.
- Al‐Shajarah (ISSN 13946870) – International Islamic University Malaysia
- Asian Myrmecology (ISSN 19851944) – Penerbit UMS
- Asia‐Pacific Journal of Public Health (ISSN 10105395) – Asia Pacific Academic Consortium Public Health & SAGE Publication
- Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society (ISSN 01266705) – Malaysian Mathematical Society
- Journal of Oil Palm Research (ISSN 15112780) – Malaysian Palm Oil Board
- Journal of Rubber Research (ISSN 15111768) – Lembaga Getah Malaysia
- Journal of Tropical Forest Science (ISSN 01281283) – Forest Research Institute Malaysia
- Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (ISSN 01279084) – University of Malaya
- Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science (ISSN 13946234) – University of Malaya
- Neurology Asia (ISSN 18236138) – ASEAN Neurological Association
- Sains Malaysiana (ISSN 01266039) – Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Tropical Biomedicine (ISSN 01275720) – Malaysian Society of Parasitology andTropical Medicine
Dr Nor Edzan Che Nasir
27 March 2015
Wed 17-Dec-08; Access to UM’s ScienceDirect has been resumed. Thank you for your patience whilst we were resolving this.
We regret to inform all users that access to the Science Direct database has been suspended completely by the publisher since 17 November 2008 due to non-payment of their 2008 subscription. As has been informed earlier, the subscription and renewal of all electronic journals have to adhere to the full acquisition procedures instituted by the Ministry of Finance. Different categories of subscription prices (i.e. ≥ RM20K, ≥ RM50K, ≥ RM200K, ≥ RM500K) have to conform to relative levels of the procedure and in this instance, Science Direct costs us more than RM1.5 million for a 12-month subscription. In line with the acquisition procedures, we have to go through several entities for approval and up until today, we are still awaiting approval for payment from the Ministry.
Prof Madya Dr Nor Edzan Che Nasir