BookMyne is a free mobile app for Apple and Android devices developed by SirsiDynix, the suppliers of the Symphony Library Management System used at the University of Malaya Library. BookMyne primary function is for searching the Library’s catalog. You can log … Continue reading
Za’ba Memorial Library was invited by the Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI) to participate as an exhibitor in conjunction with a Colloquium, held on 27-29 March 2015. The 3-day seminar brought together literary figures, academicians and students with the intention to … Continue reading
Mendengar dan meneliti lagu Melayu, samada yang baharu atau lama, kita akan dapati beberapa kata nama yang sering hadir dalam judulnya. Salah satu kata nama tersebut adalah `hati`. Justeru pada kali ini mari kita dengarkan pilihan 10 buah lagu Melayu … Continue reading
The Web of Science (WOS) is a citation database which has 8,718 journal titles indexed in it. To date, only 12 journals from Malaysia have made their way into WOS and this equates to 0.14% of total journal titles indexed.
The following is a list of the Malaysian journals which includes their ISSN and publisher. Two of the journals, namely the Malaysian Journal of Computer Science and the Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science are from our very own University of Malaya.
- Al‐Shajarah (ISSN 13946870) – International Islamic University Malaysia
- Asian Myrmecology (ISSN 19851944) – Penerbit UMS
- Asia‐Pacific Journal of Public Health (ISSN 10105395) – Asia Pacific Academic Consortium Public Health & SAGE Publication
- Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society (ISSN 01266705) – Malaysian Mathematical Society
- Journal of Oil Palm Research (ISSN 15112780) – Malaysian Palm Oil Board
- Journal of Rubber Research (ISSN 15111768) – Lembaga Getah Malaysia
- Journal of Tropical Forest Science (ISSN 01281283) – Forest Research Institute Malaysia
- Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (ISSN 01279084) – University of Malaya
- Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science (ISSN 13946234) – University of Malaya
- Neurology Asia (ISSN 18236138) – ASEAN Neurological Association
- Sains Malaysiana (ISSN 01266039) – Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Tropical Biomedicine (ISSN 01275720) – Malaysian Society of Parasitology andTropical Medicine
Dr Nor Edzan Che Nasir
27 March 2015
I have pleasure in writing a brief appreciation of ‘Incomplete is Complete’; a group exhibition by Aminah Abd Rahman, Chook ok Choon, Shireen Lee and Wee Chiang Lung. Knowing them is like opening a new chapter from the best-selling author. … Continue reading
The Indian Studies Library is located on the 4th floor of Za’ba Memorial Library. Indian Studies Library has a total collection of 40,000 titles up to date, which reflects the studies and teaching in Indian Studies field. The library provides collection in Tamil, comprising of books, textbooks, AV materials (cassettes, CD, DVD), theses, conference papers, reference collection (dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbook, etc.), newspapers and journals.
Subject cataloging involves determining the “aboutness” of a particular work in hand. It usually involves assigning one or more subject headings from a specified subject thesaurus, such as the Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH). The first subject heading assigned … Continue reading
University of Malaya Library spends more than ten million ringgit annually in maintaining and developing library collection. Out of which 1.5 million is allocated for print materials. Annual growth and rise in purchasing cost is tremendous, however is not reflected in the increase in loans. In contrary, circulation rate of print collection is low and declining. Therefore, the return on investment (ROI) is unjustifiable.
The Library conducts annual user survey to gather feedback from users for the improvement of the library. One of the common feedbacks received is related to collection; “shortage of library collection – both electronic and print collection” and “print collections is not up to date”!! It shows that there is a need for library collection. BUT, Why it doesn’t reflect in the loan rate?
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” — Albert Einstein Was Einstein right? Is imagination more important … Continue reading
Selected winning entries of the recent write up contest. Many thanks to those who have taken the time to participate and submit an entry. A)Without libraries what have we? – by Thusha Rani Rajendra, PhD candidate from the Faculty of Language and … Continue reading